Wednesday, March 19, 2008

K update

I don't think I've written about K's (3.75) eating lately. In general, she's getting a little better. She now eats vitamins (since end of January) and she'll also eat chicken nuggets (organic and baked at home).

My girls are mostly vegetarian--they just don't like meat. I never intended to keep them from meat, but I have listened to their likes and dislikes. None of them liked meat. N (6) eats more kinds (pepperoni, chicken, turkey, steak), but not very often--she probably eats meat about one time a week... or 1 time every other week. T (2.5) will occasionally eat a chicken nugget and sometimes bites of random other meats. K eats eggs, but has never liked meat. K ate turkey when she was about 9 months old, but gave that up shortly after she tried it.

Anyway, I don't really care if K eats chicken or not. I am thrilled because she is eating a new food now. (She doesn't eat very many foods*.) K likes to dip her chicken nuggets in mayonaise, so I joke that the nuggets are just another vehicle for ze mayo.




*I am so proud I figured out how to get her to eat peas. She gets peas twice a week (or so) now! Woo-hoo. Go me!

No comments: