Tuesday, January 08, 2008

When JD is mad....

It's Swistle's fault. She posted this. Because of her post, I have to write up a bloggy version of how I found out I was pregnant with K (now 3.5). Writing up the bloggy version will keep me from working on the project for which I need a draft report done by tomorrow (CoB). And, that's why it will be Swistle's fault when JD (the leader of that project) is mad*.

I have the bloggy version of how we found out about T here for part 1 and here for part 2.

The story of N is here.

Now K....

It was August of '03. I'd been on clomid. I'd agonized over things, the whole month.

(I went back and read my journal from then. I'm going to spare you the play-by-play, but I'd been worried. I wanted N to have a sibling. My doctor had encouraged me to not wait to long because my FSH levels weren't good and I wasn't getting any younger.)

Okay... back to the story...so I was agonizingfreaking.... (K, when you're all grown up, if you want to read about all the stress, ask me for my journal.)

I think I ovulated on 8/17/03. On 8/28 (11 days past ovulation) I took a pregnancy test. Here's what I wrote in my journal about it.


I am pregnant! It’s 11 dpo. Yesterday, I felt really really queasy and really really full all afternoon. If I’d have had a stick with me I would have used it! Since MWH wanted to be with me for the testing I did it first thing this morning ~7:15 am .... I woke up and I told MWH I was going to test. I pee'd on the stick, put it in it’s little bag and set it on the night table .... My heart was pounding as I laid back down. After a minute or so I told MWH we should look. As I pulled it out of the bag, we saw 2 lines immediately.... I said something like “oh my, there are two.” One was very faint, but definitely there... You didn’t have to squint to see it. He commented on how faint it was, but I said it didn’t matter, 2 lines is 2 lines! We hugged and snuggled and tried to go back to sleep, but it’s difficult to do that after getting such exciting news!



There was a lot more concern after I took the test because we found out my progesterone was really low... Only at 8 on day 21 (they wanted it to be 15 or over). I'd had one miscarriage (before N) and I hypothesize (based on charting) it was most likely due to low progesterone/luteal phase defect). My doctor was monitoring me. She was concerned.

I started progesterone on day 11, and used it for 12 weeks and voilĂ ... a K! At the time, it wasn't quite that simple--mucho stress was involved! But, it did work out well.

On day 17, I had a quantitative HCG test and learned my HCG was 486. Two days (19) later it was 1281! On 9/24/03 we had our first ultrasound. Here's what I wrote after it.


We have a heartbeat! The little one measured 7 weeks 1 day (+ or - 5 days--how's that for exact???) and I think I'm 7 weeks 1 and 1/2 days.



Now K is a lovely 3.5-year-old.


*Yea, and I'm not an adult and responsible for my own decisions.... Swistle's fault...Heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JD- It was TOTALLY MY FAULT. But you see, I HAD TO KNOW. I'm sure you can excuse JK just this once.