Thursday, January 10, 2008

Another cup of coffee would be nice...

I'd have a medium, non-fat, vanilla latte. I'm tired.

N is now 6! Woo-hoo! Some of the celebration is documented on the "other" blog. You know the one... If you don't, and would like to see it, let me know. Remember though, the folks over there don't know about this one. It's our little secret.

What else... JD isn't mad. I got him something by 5 yesterday... Then I sent another draft late last night... Today I got a response that he'll look at it tomorrow. I hope to get another draft to him by tonight so he can see MORE progress. I'd like to get another section completed and put in the notes from one of the study designs. I hope to talk him into another 5-10 hours of time to work on this too. I'll do the same work, but it would be NICE to get paid for all of it. He asked for a lot in 60 hours of time. I've done ~50 thus far. To do all he would like will take another 20-ish... (I have 10 to do 20 hours worth of work.... story of my life, eh?)

Okay... I'm 5 hours behind on another project, we'll call it the KF project, but I don't want to do it until this one for JD is mostly done. After JD's project and the the KF work is done, I can start the C work with bestest colleague! My bestest colleague (maybe I should call her BC for short) will be gone next week, so maybe we can hit the ground running the week of Jan. 21 ... (my class starts that week and my life will be busy then with that too).

Brace yourself for a depressing post soon. I've been thinking a lot about my friend who died lately. Sigh. It still doesn't make sense to me that she is dead. It just feels like I need to call her or something. But, no, she's dead. She helped me pick out a rug for our living room just a little over a year ago... I was planning to replace that rug, but now thinking about rugs makes me sad.

My parents are visiting and it's a good trip. I'll blog more about it later. Right now, I have 1.5 hours of time to do work... Wheeeee!

No comments: