Monday, May 01, 2006

5 years ago...

Take a ride with me back in time...

It's May 1, 2001 .... It's a gorgeous spring day... A Tuesday...

I came home from work early and needed to go to the bathroom. I had a home pregnancy test (a free one) and decided to go ahead and use it. It was the FREE one after all.

MWH (my wonderful husband) wasn't home yet. He wouIdn't have wanted me to test without him*, but I didn’t think it would matter. I just figured there would only be one line. My period wasn’t due until Friday (3 more days)... I had already done a few tests, and they hadn't shown anything. I figured that I would just pee on the stick and then wait and do it again in the morning. It had already been so many months of nothing. Why would I possibly think that this time would be any different?

We were on clomid, but it hadn't worked the previous month. Anyway, I pee'd on the stick and almost immediately there was ever-so-faint of a second line. That elusive, most coveted, change-your-life second line. I was in shock. I couldn’t reach MWH on the phone. This was unusual, but of course predictable since I NEEDED to talk to him.

After calling my husband MANY times and getting his voice mail, I finally told KH (of Team H) because she was online in IM (or what we used like IM). She knew we were trying. She was thrilled. She was there for me when I had my miscarriage the summer before. (Since 5 years ago, She and I have been there for a lot of pregnancies and the good and the bad... ) It was fun to tell her the good news! I waited at home for HOURS it seemed. Finally, about 2 hours after I had taken the test, MWH called back! I drove over to his work to show him the test and ask him what he thought of the second line (it was so faint--I wanted to make sure there was one). When I showed him the test, he said, "I don’t see a line." Not funny! ** He did see a line—he was just being mean*** to his pregnant wife.


*He still gives me a hard time for having pee'd on the stick without him there. When we were trying to get pregnant with K, I had to promise to NEVER pee on a stick without him there.

**I still give him a hard time for this!

***He says he was trying to make a joke and lighten the mood / break the tension.

1 comment:

Mrs. CP said...

Tee hee. I remember that day! :-) Funny you mentioned this story because just yesterday I was thinking about the day that we found we were pg with A. We were on vacation in Florida and you were on vacation in Hawaii and I remember calling you guys BEFORE the crack of dawn and poor N answered the phone. I couldn't wait to tell you! :-)