Sunday, March 05, 2006

Random update #453 and remodeling!

My only promise with this one is that things between the asterisks are mostly related!

************


N (4) is learning to cackle and it's finally sounding "cackly!"

************


I haven't been to the chiropractor or gotten a massage, since the beginning of February. I didn't really plan to go so long, but life got crazy. First our trip, then the illnesses (K and T's ear infections) in the girls, and then work exploded! My back is not hurting worse than it was back in February, but it doesn't feel any better. I am pleased that it's not hurting worse. I am planning to go soon. Hopefully this week.

************


T (6.5 months) is a crawler now. She doesn't go very far or very fast, but she's really truly crawling. She can also get herself up into a sitting position now very easily.

************


After eating 1/2 a box of mint cookies (girl scout) on Thursday night, the scale went down 1.5 pounds on Friday morning. I decided I needed to go on the Girl Scout Cookie diet.

So Friday night, I ate another 1/2 a box. Saturday morning the scale went back up to the original weight. Last night (Saturday), I was playing with a new technology and it got to be midnight before I realized and I didn't get any cookies and the scale was down that pound and one-half again this morning (Sunday). Not sure what I'll do tonight about the cookies. I might try and go to the gym during K's nap today. Can't decide if I have time for that.

************


I worked way too much this week. I probably worked about 27 hours. I'm tired. I also have had to get up with T (6.5 months) the last few nights because the antibiotics gave her the runs and you can't not change those diapers! Last night I changed 4 diapers in a row. I'd just get her sealed up, my hands washed, and settled in the rocking chair and she'd fill it up again. My husband saw the pile of diapers this morning and tried to let me sleep in. K (21 months--almost 22!) didn't want me to sleep in. She wanted me to nurse her. And I was worried that she'd weaned a few weeks ago. HA! I'm not sure she'll wean before college now.

************


I have 132 draft posts here in blogger that are in various stages.

************


Alfred is still wonderful. I still love him. I use him at least 3 times a week. Sometimes I just do one room and sometimes I can manage two rooms in a day (he has to charge up after he cleans a room before he can do the other one).

************


My husband and I went to look at kitchen appliances for our remodel yesterday! It was fun, and overwhelming. I'll share more about this soon. (I really want to write more about the remodeling process, but, we don't have pictures or copies of our plans yet, and it takes a long time to type it all up. I will though soon!)

In the remodel, we're remodeling the whole main floor of the house. This includes, the kitchen, living room, dining room, our bedroom, and our bathroom. We'll be changing out fixtures in the guest bathroom, but not moving any plumbing or reconfiguring the space or anything. We're moving a few walls in our bedroom, adding a walk-in closet and changing the feel of the space. In the kitchen, we're gutting it, putting in a huge island with a table, changing the sliding door to a single french door, maybe changing the sky tunnel to an actual skylight, and some other stuff. It's pretty extensive, but hopefully the house will last us 15-20 years and then we'll be able to downsize a bit as the girls head off to college. (Unless they all stay home forever... K (21 months) because she's still nursing and T (6.5 months) because she still sleeps with us. (Kidding! I know that won't happen, I'm just feeling overwhelmed today!))

It's so odd to be doing a remodel to a house that we haven't yet lived in.

Okay, I've rambled enough for today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the girl scout cookie diet! That is a diet I would LOVE to try! I actually have a secret stash of GS cookies because my husband ordered a bunch and told me not to order any. But, as LUCK would have it, one of the kids I used to nanny for who is like family called me, so what else could I do??