Tuesday, February 28, 2006

All over the map!

Craziness

Work is crazy busy! I'm on 7 projects right now and I'm only half-time! I don't work on each project every week, but trying to keep them all in my head is just a little crazy. I like having 3 projects maximum. I'm way over extended. Today, after a frustrating phone call, I just needed to get my head back in my life, so I went to the grocery store. I've been feeling out of touch with the family because I've been so swamped. There is something comforting about going to the grocery store to me.

One of the things at work is something brand new. It's something I'm trying to start up, but there is another piece related to it that someone else is starting and we're trying to see where I fit with his work. I'm not sure if I do, or if I want to fit, but it seems odd to not have me involved because the two projects are in the same domain.

My Mom has pneumonia or bronchitis. They aren't sure yet which. The treatment is the same for either, so the diagnosis doesn't really matter. It's so scary as people age.

Things that make me melt!

Last night, K (21 months) said "Kiss, Mommy..." and then leaned over and kissed me. I melted into a big puddle!

T (6 months) often kneads my breast like a little kitten as she nurses.

T does a little nose wrinkle and smile when she sees me. That makes me melt too. I call her cute T or Sweet T when she does that. (Those are two of her real honest-to-gosh nick names.)

N (4) and I read a new book Hoodwinked that we really like about 5 times in a row last night. She's so much fun to read to and she's trying to learn to "cackle." Her cackle never sounds witchy enough, it's just sweet.

There are so many sweet things they do. I wish I could capture it all. I wish life wasn't always so crazy! But I do llike the chaos too. Without it, I'd probably be bored.

No comments: