Monday, January 02, 2006

Report Back

Over break, my back got increasingly more sore because I was with the girls so much. By yesterday, I had pain down both legs and all over my upper back as well. I went to my chiropractor and got a massage today. Usually I'd be in excruciating pain after the massage, but instead of a deep tissue massage I got a "hot stone massage" and then she worked the deep tissue. Oh my! It was great. I'm not sore. The hot stones warmed the muscles so she could go deeper into the muscle without causing pain.

Look, I can turn my head both directions and not wince. And I can raise my arms without pain. Even sitting (which usually causes pain shooting down my legs) is pretty good. I am a new person! I usually dread the massage because it usually hurts so much (in a way that is good for me) but I am feeling good now! I actually signed up for another one on Friday. I may actually be able to get my back better! I'm so excited.

I'm now looking for a good back stretching exercise video. I have an exercise ball and a DVD that is pretty good, but it doesn't specifically target the back. If any one has any suggestions, please let me know!

No comments: