Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Instant Smoothies

For some reason, recently, MWH got interested in making smoothies from mixes. We've been trying different brands. So far, my favorite is the one I show in the picture.*


I tried it today and it was perfect with just soy milk and ice blended in it. I've had others where I need to add peanut butter to make them taste better. But this one was great as is. I am excited! I wanted to have an option when I travel and can't eat as many greens / good foods as I do at home. I think this will help. We're going on a trip, soon. I'll report back.


MWH and I just bought these blender ball cups (see picture). You can stick the smoothie mix in them with your favorite liquid and shake and it mixes well. You can add ice, but of course, you can't get a blender smoothie, frosty texture. It's nice that it blends the powder well, though.






The girls are enjoying this mix. I take a couple of scoops, soy milk, a banana and ice and mix it up. For Three-a and oNe, I add in a little chocolate sauce. After I pour theirs out of the blender I add in some PB and more ice and re-blend for twoK. They still have to eat their veggies, but this has to be helping a little. The girls all know they are drinking "veggies" and they like it. I asked twoK if she'd let me blend up some real veggies and she said, "NO!" I asked, "But what if it tastes good?" She said, "It won't." Heh....little does she know. I'll keep working on her.






*I had one that was I didn't like at all. I tossed it. (It was the Vega Chocolate one. It gets some high reviews on Amazon, but I didn't like it at all. Fortunately, I only bought the sample envelope, so I wasn't stuck with a whole container of it!)

No comments: