Monday, June 06, 2011

Green smoothies

I've been meaning to post a picture... I mentioned them here and a lot of other places on the blog. My green smoothies are usually full of the following:

Kale (About a packed cup and 1/2--remember, I use the frozen kind and it's already chopped up, so it's packed in the cup pretty well.)

1/2 a banana
1/3 - 2/3s a cup of blueberries
soy milk (8-12 ounces depending on how I pour)
Flax seeds (2 Tablespoons)
Chia Seeds (2 Tablespoons)

Sometimes a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon with a little stevia (not always).
Sometimes I stick in spinach--another 1/2 cup to cup, but I was out of it the day I made this particular one.

If it's too thick I'll add water. If it's not slushy enough, I'll add ice cubes (if the banana is frozen, it often doesn't need ice).

I'm excited that it's been nicer weather so far this week. That means I'll be drinking even MORE of these! I love them, but I tend to not drink them too often in the winter. I get too cold!

In other news, the girls are out for summer vacation! Woo!

No comments: