Friday, June 10, 2011

A few things ...

I actually managed to get in a few posts on FOOD, my newest interest. I am thrilled the girls are out of school. The first few days of summer have been busy and good. Here's a list :

We're preparing for our dance show (2 of the 3 girls are in it and me!). We have been at the studio a lot this week. (We were there for 3 hours, almost, one night.)

I learned I need to exfoliate more... We have to wear makeup for the show (duh), and all the makeup got caked in my dry skin the other night. NOT ATTRACTIVE.

We have silkworms... I got some great shots of the babies! I'll post eventually. The pictures were taken with my "real" camera, not the iPhone, and that involves a cord and time to download.

We have silkmoths and they are mating... RIGHT NOW as I type. Lots of biology discussion.

We went swimming at my friend PS's house! SUPER FUN... THANK YOU! Can't wait for more!

We went to a birthday dinner for a friend, last night.

I'm going to try to start doing a few more Zumba classes a week. Not with my favorite instructor who takes Zumba to a whole new level and KICKS MY @SS every time, but with a different instructor who is fun. My new thought is, it's still cardio, and it's helping me build up without being wiped out.

I am slowly learning that I should probably work less so I can enjoy the girls and life a bit more. I am still torn because I love my work, but I laugh more when I'm with the girls. I will continue to work, but I will go "hourly" when the time comes. I will re-read this so I don't stress out. I don't know exactly when "the time will come" but it will involve 1) being out of vacation and 2) needing to take on lots of little projects to maintain my sold time.

I need to go shower and finish cleaning up for the cleaners... I finally decided to keep them, let them clean the girls' rooms, change their sheets, clean the kitchen, living room, dining room, and the guest bathroom. MWH and I will take care of our room. They are using our rags and our vacuum. I think, for the moment, I am happy. I reserve the right to become dissatisfied at some point in the future though.

No comments: