Monday, June 06, 2011

The cup that saved (at least) 1,000 cups



I got this cup probably 2006 - 2007, I didn't blog about it when I bought it. However, in June of 2009, I blogged about it and estimated it had saved about 1,000 cups. I also said I wanted to post a picture of it. Here's the picture, finally. I hope you weren't holding your breath! I'm going to guess it's saved about 1200 cups, now. I don't use it as often as I used to. Now, I use it for green smoothies when I'm heading out of the house. [NOTE TO SELF: I need to post a picture of my green smoothies to this blog. NOTE TO READERS: Don't hold your breath as it may take a while.]

I love this cup for iced coffee, but I don't tend to drink that much any more. I do not like this cup for hot drinks. I don't know why. It's stainless steel, but I prefer my porcelain cup for hot. I'm drinking plain, hot coffee with a little soymilk, usually--sometimes just plain, black, hot coffee. Here's my pretty new to-go cup for hot drinks.

I'm posting this to hopefully inspire others to use re-useable cups. How many throw-away cups has your cup saved?

1 comment:

KJ said...

Well, I have more than one cup--but LOTS. Then I gave up buying the coffee and started making my own, but these cups have lids. They save me a lot of keyboards.