Sunday, June 12, 2011

The dance show...

It's over! Yippeee!!! It went well! Again, Yippeeeee!!!!!!!!

oNe and Three-a were in it and I'm so glad it went well for them. I wanted them to learn what it was like to be in a show. To work all year on learning something, and then to demonstrate their new knowledge to an audience in an authentic environment. They learned a little about the backstage life, the lights, the curtains, and what it's like to be on stage. I'm thrilled for them. They were nervous and I was nervous for them.

They did great! They learned a lot! I can't wait to see the video of their dances.

I got to help them with costume changes and watch from backstage. The first half ended and then it was my turn. I was in a two-minute dance. I was in FRONT. I had a lousy dress rehearsal and I was thrilled that I made it through the dance without any major mess-ups. I slightly messed up on one step, but it was when we were moving around so it probably wasn't that obvious. We also had a series of turns in the dance and I can't wait to see our turns on the video. Were we together? I want to see it!

I learned a lot, too. It had been 5 years since I've danced on stage in front of an audience. The last time, I was way in the back. This time I was front, not quite center, but right up there. I had no one between me and the audience. I did it. It was fun doing a show with the girls. <3!

No comments: