Tuesday, June 16, 2009

one down... a lot to go!

I sent off a draft of one thing. Now I have a lot to do on another thing before 11 am tomorrow. I need to switch gears and get started. In the short little break, I will tell you about green efforts.



1. Cups everywhere. I am now in love with these cups. I just ordered the four pack. We got one at a local shop, and paid almost that much for just it. I was thrilled to find the four pack for that price. My goal is to keep using real cups as much as possible. I'm going to have to post a picture of my coffee cup. I estimate it's saved ~1000 plastic cups. Is that great or what?

2. Reuseable bags. I bought a snackTAXI (on that page) and a wrap-n-mat in March and I didn't use ANY throw away plastic bags in oNe's lunch after that! I can't say whether MWH did or not. He packed lunch a couple of times, but I think he used the re-useable bags. I'm guessing the re-useable bags and the little tupperware containers saved about 200 plastic bags in 2.5 months! I have just ordered a couple more different kinds of bags to try. I ordered the Reusies and the Fresh snack pack reuseable bags.

Review:

oNe liked the snackTAXI bags better than the wrap-n-mat because the bag was easier to re-close than the wrap-n-mat.
I like the bags better than little containers because the bags are less bulky than the containers.


There you go. More green stuff later. oNe has a fever (ugh!) and I have to write as much as I can in the next 55 minutes, 'cause then I'll be playing nurse maid.

No comments: