Tuesday, September 15, 2009

not just knees

Today, my PT figured out what is the other thing wrong with my right knee. I thought it was my hamstrings because it hurt in the back of my knee. It turns out, it's probably my popliteus muscle and the tendon attached to it.

One web page tells me


Seated ‘figure 4’ (foot resting across opposite knee) positions will highlight the popliteus that has a tendinitis, but not necessary be positive in a muscle that is suffering increased tone.


When I do the "figure 4" position, I feel that I definitely have some tendinitis.

It seems that this issue could be related to my patellofemoral problems.




What else? oNe started gymnastics today. On Friday, oNe and I go to visit my Mom and bring her back for a visit. Both oNe and my Mom are so excited. I am a little stressed. Bleh. I wish I didn't feel stressed about work. I guess, that's sort of par for the course. Look for big changes in my work within the next 5 years! Seriously, nothing like planning ahead, eh? I'll fill you in about that later.




In other news, our Vita Mix arrived! I can't wait to try it out. Thursday morning, me and it!

1 comment:

Lola Granola said...

It will be better. it just takes a while, and you have learned how to spell some really excellent new words in the meantime.
XO