Saturday, August 22, 2009

several

3 little girls have the croup... Three-a hasn't yet started barking, but I'm guessing she will before the end of the weekend. It's been all Scooby-Doo all the time the whole time they've been sick. oNe gave Three-a a Scooby-Doo DVD for her birthday. (oNe also gave Three-a the croup too.) MWH wonders if they are going to associate Scooby-Doo with being sick.




I went to Zumba on Thursday and it didn't hurt my knee (too much). Yesterday, I went to PT and described how it all felt to the physical therapist. She said, it didn't sound like I hurt it in a "bad" way. I could keep going to Zumba, but that I needed to be smart about it. 1) Not too high impact, and 2) give myself ample recovery time between classes. The other thing I was thinking about is just doing 1/2 or 3/4s of a a class rather than the full class. That might be a little easier on my knee.

The other thing, my hamstrings were sore after the Zumba class. The PT gave me some new exercises to do for them. I am excited to get them better!




I found a new chocolate bar I LOVE. It's the Trader Joe's Fair Trade Swiss Dark Chocolate Bar. If you came to my house, I'd give you some. I am excited because I haven't liked chocolate very much for a while. I *know* I have discussed not liking chocolate here, but I can't find the post. (When I search my blog for chocolate, I get no hits... I know that is wrong. There must be something wrong with the blogger search function right now.)




I'm kind of sad about not teaching this fall... And I saw a post from a person (in Facebook) who works at OLU that said she was teaching adjunct faculty how to teach online.... ummmmm... I was told there weren't going to be adjunct faculty by someone else from OLU.

If there are adjunct faculty, how come I'm not one of them? There's really nothing I can say or do, so I'll just be bummed. If I want to teach, I probably have to look around for something else... I really liked the program at OLU though and don't really want to start anything new right now. I don't actually have time for teaching right now, but still..... Bleh. Maybe I better go self-medicate with chocolate.

No comments: