Sunday, September 20, 2009

updates

(Written 9/18, but posted 9/20)

1. Crazy week. It was a four-day week for oNe and twoK as there was a teacher learning day. Having to get homework done in 4 days instead of 5 was a challenge. Now oNe and I are on the way to visit my Mom and fly my Mom back with us for a couple of weeks.

Of course, I planned this trip in July, and now, while Mom is visiting, I'll be working on a big, new thing. Besides the big new thing, we're also trying to finish up some interviews and ARGH! Busy! When I didn't want to be! Story of my life. I do think, in general, it's getting a little more under control, but it's frustrating to be busy when Mom is visiting.

2. I miss MWH, twoK, and Three-a already. The next trip to visit my Mom will bring EVERYONE I hope. I don't like being away from the fam!

3. I've been stressed this week (see #1) and that was reflected as I stood on the scale this morning. It was 1.5 pounds lower than the day before, and probably the lowest I've seen since 1991. Seriously. I don't think the 1.5 pound "loss" was real this morning, I think I was stressed and forgot to eat, but it was fun to see. I think I've really lost about 2 pounds (not including the 1.5 that was not really a loss) since January (remember, I'm the world's SLOWEST loser). When I finally get a regular strength building program going (aka lifting weights) I expect, I'll gain a pound or two, but it will be okay. It will be MUSCLE! I'll be strong. At the gym, they have replica of what 5 pounds of fat versus 5 pounds of muscle looks like. It's pretty amazing. Oh, here's a picture of the replica I found on the web.








Fat takes up more space than muscle.

4. Got the Vita-Mix! Last night, I mixed,

1 Kiwi
~4 oz of Spinach
~1/2 cup pomegranate juice
a handful of frozen strawberries (all we had)
a handful of frozen peaches (all we had)
a little apple juice to make it less thick
a banana
and the Acai (one frozen packet)


MWH and I split it. It was super yum. Next time, I'll throw in grapes and an apple and maybe I'll get brave and try blending kale.

1 comment:

Lola Granola said...

I think Kale will just be nasty, but good luck!
You are ridiculously thin and fit looking and should not even weigh yourself anymore.

Actually tried to call you today--talk soon!