Friday, June 26, 2009

I forgot! (edited)

How could I forget to write about the fact that I haven't had any coffee for more than a week??????? Remember, I talked about how I was not needing/wanting as much coffee as usual? Well, I haven't had any for the last week. On W and Th mornings I got decaf to drink when I got to work.

It feels funny to not drink coffee.

I've been drinking it for ~18 years. I like it. I miss it. However, the last few times I've drank it, I've had heart palpitations. I listen to my body when it speaks to me, and I'm pretty sure it was yelling, I DON'T NEED COFFEE. It is weird.

I used to consume ~ 500 mg of caffeine a day. Then, last Thursday, I probably had ~150. This week since Wednesday, I've probably had between 60 and 100 mg a day. While some people would still think that's a lot of caffeine, that's 1/5 (or LESS) of what I was drinking.

I haven't had any withdrawal headaches. It's been CRAZY. Many a Saturday or Sunday, I wouldn't get coffee at "the usual" time and I'd start to "lose my will to live." Seriously. MWH could recognize the signs and he'd send me to the coffee shop quickly. Now, I don't seem to need the stuff. This is weird!

From a health standpoint, it's probably better for me to drink less caffeine than I was drinking, but from the IT'S REALLY HARD TO QUIT DRINKING COFFEE STANDPOINT, how did this happen?

Is it the grape seed extract?

I guess I'm hoping that someone might be googling about grape seed extract, coffee, caffeine, or needing less coffee since starting to take grape seed extract, or something like that and end up here. If you do, please leave a comment about your experience!!

hrm... MWH just suggested doing a search on Co-Q10 and caffeine. Apparently, one side-effect of it is a jittery feeling. I have been trying to take 200 mg of Co-Q10 a day, lately. Perhaps, I should stick with 100 mg a day? Must read more.

No comments: