Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mixing it up

Yesterday was HOT. I'm doing better than I expected in the heat. I'm numb, and feel kind of blah, but I've been worse. Maybe I'm starting to acclimate to temps over 85 again this summer.

We went to a friend's house on Friday and then we went back there yesterday to partake of the pool. One other family of friends came too. It was fun to see everyone. Today, I'll see all the women again. And then on the fourth of July, we'll ALL get together again. Crazy and wonderful.





I got up yesterday to go to a Zumba class. I was going to try a new instructor at the Y. I went to the wrong room and ended up in the Cardio Kickboxing class. The two classes are very different. I knew I was in the wrong class almost immediately, but I stayed because the Cardio Kickboxing (from now on CKB) was a good workout.

On a water break in CKB, I went down and looked in on the Zumba class. It looked like it would be a fun aerobics class, but it wasn't as intense as my regular Zumba class so I didn't stay. I went back to CKB and got my gluteus maximus kicked! Literally. It is so sore today. This is GOOD!

I love Zumba, but I do need to do other things when I work out. We did a lot of squats and leg work with weights. I know I need to do more weights. CKB will help. It's good for the muscles to mix it up a bit.

On the weight front, I'm starting to lift a few weights after Zumba with another Zumbite from our class. She used to lift pretty seriously so she knows what she's doing. I do NOT know what I am doing when weights are involved.

No comments: