Saturday, September 27, 2008

Little girls

With all the stuff going on, I haven't mentioned much about the little girls lately. Here's kind of a boring documentation post. It's kind of funny, when oNe was a baby, I remember reading the "Parenting Diary" (not even a blog) of someone who had little girls and no baby and I was just shocked how different it all was. it's still kind of amazing to me that the girls are so big!

The other morning, I had this realization that Three-a is older than oNe was when I found out I was pregnant with Three-a. It's crazy. I don't have babies any more. When oNe was Three-a's age, we thought she was so big. Now, Three-a, while bigger than she was last year, still seems little. She is way more sophisticated than oNe was at her age because of her sisters teaching her stuff. She listens and she learns.



oNe is in first grade now. I'm volunteering in her classroom once a week, just like I did in Kindergarten. The difference is this time, I don't have to do photocopying or cutting or coloring. I don't like to do those things, so I'm happy. This year, we're doing a fun class project. It's good! The boys in first grade are so much rougher and, um, boy-like than the kindergarten boys. oNe has learned the word "fart." I don't consider it a bad word, but it's not one we use. It was funny to watch her try it out in front of us to see if it was okay to say it. It was fine. I laughed when she said it and asked where she learned it.

I'm thinking she's also learned the word "wiener" and not as in hot dog. Four little boys were talking about their "wieners" the other day in line. Aie-yie-yie!



twoK is in Pre-K now and she's really going to town in learning to read and write. She makes upper and lower case letters now and writes really well. She also can sound words out and loves to play around with rhymes. We play the "which is bigger" game (with numbers) in the car all the time (e.g., 37 or 42?). (Just like oNe and I did when she was in PreK.) The other day, twoK asked a few questions about how you get babies in your belly. I answered with the traditional lines I gave oNe and she seemed satisfied. Then we were reading a book and she asked me what the thing was called in the front of boys for going to the bathroom. I told her the word. We're on our way to me needing to be prepared with some good answers.



Three-a is Preschool girl now. She says she doesn't like it, but when we running late on Friday, she said, "We've got to go to ________ now so we're not late." She's been playing on Starfall a lot lately. It means she's trying to figure out the relation between words and letters. She knows a lot of her letters now. Since she's baby number 3, I don't get a lot of time to sit with her and teach her stuff. It's a relief to know she's learning. (I had no doubts that she was learning, her sisters teach her a LOT, but it's nice to see!)



I don't have any complaints about the things the girls eat any more because of mixing vegetables in their fruit shakes and SuperFood too. I am glad the girls like these too!

Continuing interests:

Dinosaurs
twoK is totally interested in all things Barbie (we're not surprised).
Diego (Three-a mostly)
Thomas (Three-a mostly)
Kitties (all)
Babies (twoK and Three-a)


New interests:

The Lion King.

No comments: