Friday, June 20, 2008

too many

There are too many posts brewing in my head right now. The following may be more disorganized than usual, or I might just do lots of little posts. We'll see what happens here.

First, the trip was pretty good. Last year, I considered our trip a success because I got to read a novel. According to that criteria, this trip was also successful! I read California Demon. I doubt any of the books in this series will win a Pulitzer, but they are fun books especially for someone who likes to pretend to fight vampires when kick-boxing.

Here's the first book in the series. My friend KJ sent me this book. She knows me! Thanks KJ! (She sent it years ago. I owe her a great present.... She's much better at the present thing than me. She just sent me this book and I can't wait to read it. I have about 10 books in the queue ahead of it. Sigh!) (I also have about 33 windows in my web browser open with lots of good stuff to read too. I saw a stat once that 3,000 new books* were published EVERY DAY! No wonder I am overwhelmed! There is no way I can keep up with it all!)

[Sidebar]

Hey... As I was searching this blog for the link to the fighting vampires post, I found this post. If you didn't click, in that post, I declared my workouts to be all about toning (a little over a year ago). I also said I'd try to do 3 hard workouts a week. I also said I weighed 1X5.5.

Here's an update on all that.

1. I have not really managed to do 3 hard workouts each week yet. I am stuck at getting lucky to get 2 good ones in during a week. I still want to do 3 good ones a week and have just made that a priority (again).

2. Today at lunch, I just declared to MWH (again, apparently) I was all about toning. I told him (today) I didn't care if I lost any more weight or not, I just wanted to be more toned. I am more toned than I was last summer I am quite sure of that. (I hope in one year I will say the same thing!)

3. I now weigh 1(X-1)5. Woo-hoo! I lost 10 pounds in less than one year and with NO DIETING. Lots of stress (and I lose weight weight when I'm stressed), but no dieting. (See here for more about NOT DIETING.)

This coming year I want less stress, more workouts, and MORE TONING.

[End Sidebar]




Oh yea.... The trip...

N (6.45) called MWH part robot. I can't remember the context, but it was funny! (You may or may not remember this.) She/they/little girls pick up on EVERYTHING! Note to MWH and me, be careful to make sure we don't say anything we don't want them to repeat in front of people!

More on the trip....

I think I need to process a little more and then post about it. It was fun. It was good. It was great to see everyone. Trips make me wish we lived closer to our families. I love where we live and I don't want to move, but I do miss having family near. I didn't really miss it when I was younger, but now, as I get older, I do. I wouldn't want to leave my wonderful friends here where I live either. I really wouldn't want to live in the place where MWH's family or my family lives. I know I'm not alone in my feelings here.... Share your thoughts about your families and if you live close / far and if you like it. I'll share more about this topic soon.


*This article says about 2800 books are published a day around the world. You can get to 2800 if you do the math of "one book published approximately every 30 seconds" that equals: 24 hours a day * 60 minutes=1440 * 2 (since one every 1/2 minute) = 2880.

I did the math right, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss my family and have often thought/dreamed of moving back down to be close to them but sometimes when I visit I get a little overwhelmed and underwhelmed at the same time. I love where I live. My neighborhood, my house, the school...it seems like it would be such an upset to leave it all. For a long time I absolutely refused to even THINK about it, I was so stuck in my ways. Now? Meh. Really, it depends on what day you ask me.