Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Buffy Fun

I just got all 7 seasons of Buffy on DVD. I'm so excited. I got them from a friend at about 1/2 the price it would have been to buy them new. Four of the seven seasons were still in the wrapper--brand new.

Did I mention that I love Buffy? N (4) won't get to watch them for a long time, but when she starts to be scared of "ghostess" (how she prounounces ghosts) and things that go bump in the night, I plan to tell her all about Buffy (at an appropriate level for her) and how she too can be like Buffy and fight the evil ones. I'm hoping that with the knowledge of Buffy she can take charge of her fears and feel empowered.

I mentioned once how I like to pretend I'm Buffy fighting vampires during kickboxing songs in my aerobics class. I seriously do. Sometimes I'm fighting beside of Angel, and sometimes I'm alone. It makes class more fun and it gets my heart rate up. It is fun to stake vampires and watch them turn to dust, even if it's only my imagination. (Silly here folks... You should be laughing with me.)

No comments: