Monday, May 07, 2007

Lies I have told to myself...

I always thought I gained about 40 pounds with each pregnancy. It turns out, I gained more. I think my brain shut-down and refused to process or acknowledge any additional weight gain after 40 pounds.

I've recently had to face facts though because, I've now lost 41 pounds from the high that I hit when pregnant with N and T. I should be under my pre-pregnancy weight, but I still have 3 or so pounds to go. Doing math suggests I gained ~45 pounds with N and T and ~39 with K.

At least I'm losing it, right? Almost there. 1X1 is what I'm weighing at the fitness center now. The weight I lost due to bronchitis has stayed off. Yippee. I'm glad because I was stuck at 1X5.5 for a really long time (from 7/06 - 1/07). It had just started to come off a little when I got really sick.

The weight loss, it's slow. Partially it's slow because I don't diet. I only exercise and listen to my body in terms of eating. I do not think dieting is healthy. I do increase the amount of exercise to help, and I do try to increase my muscle mass so that I can have a higher resting metabolism rate.... Partially the weight loss is slow because of nursing. My body won't stabilize and get to its final weight until I stop nursing.

No comments: