Sunday, July 01, 2007

It must be getting easier...

On our recent trip/vacation, both MWH and I managed to read a novel (different ones). A book! For fun! It's been years since we've done that on a trip...Almost 5.5 years and N is almost 5.5 years... coincidence?

A friend had given me a trashy novel to read and I meant to bring it on the trip and I forgot it. In addition to the trashy novel, I have a huge pile of books I want to read. I didn't even think about packing one. I was so sad.

I went to the airport bookstore and was worried that 1) I wouldn't find anything I wanted to read, and 2) I would have to spend $75 on book if I did find one I wanted to read. I found they had a clearance table. I got this book for $3.98. It wasn't a great book, but it was 422 pages long and kept me entertained. I finished it exactly as we got home. I couldn't have asked for more from a $3.98 book.

No comments: