Friday, April 18, 2008

Things I want to blog ...

1. Our NewKitty (BB) is great. He's a klutz though! I've never seen a kitty fall and land on his back, but BB managed to do it. BB is eating great and filling out a little. He was kind of scrawny when we got him. He's bonded to N (6) and misses her when she's not home. He loves the little girls and lets them all (including T-2.6) pick him up and carry him around the house. He runs and spazes out and goes slip-sliding on our wood floors. He's such a spaz! He can't stop playing ever! When he wants to sniff something interesting, he SNORTS. I can't believe what a silly boy he is. He hardly acts like a cat.

2. A husband who shan't be named woke me up at 7 am doing this. He went back to sleep and I didn't. This gave me time to talk to my friend on IM, and I'm glad I got the chance. She has a lot going on in her life and I'm totally thinking about her! (She reads my blog too so, there you go. I'm totally thinking of you! No initials on this one even.)

3. When I started this blog, I was totally anonymous. Now a handful of friends know about this blog. I haven't told my family or MWH's family about the blog, nor do I intend to tell them. I started a second family blog, complete with pictures and names because I wanted this space for ME. I do have plans to change this blog a little, and perhaps even switch to a new name for the blog, but it's not quite time yet.

4. I'm feeling a little bad about not teaching this fall, but I need to take a bit of time for me. What a concept. I NEVER do this. MWH is really encouraging me to do it though and for his sake, and the girls' sake, I am doing it. What makes me feel bad is that I feel like I'm letting people at [local state] university down, but the thing is, they don't care.... That makes me feel bad too... that no one actually cares about the things I'm doing. Oh well. This semester, I do have at least 5-6 students who do appreciate me and my efforts. Last semester I know I had 2-3.

5. Preschool for K. Remember this? We still don't know anything. The school says not to panic until July. I am starting to ask around to other Moms for recommendations for other places and have gotten some ideas. I am NOT pleased with our current preschool and their admission policy--apparently part of the problem is they have more spots for 1/2 day preschool Y1 than they do for 1/2 day preschool Y2. This makes NO sense to me. Apparently they expect people to go into full-day for Y2. I don't want to go into full-day. I don't even want to do full-day Kindergarten. Anyway, I am NOT happy, but trying to figure out what will work as an alternative.

6. Gotta go grade some papers. More soon.

No comments: