Saturday, March 29, 2008

ol' what's his name...

Did I ever tell you about the time my father was making a speech at a rehearsal dinner for a wedding (my cousin's) and couldn't remember the groom's name? He called him, "Ol' What's his name..." My Dad was an 80-year-old guy then so everyone laughed. We still give my father a hard time about this.

Tonight, we met what's his name?* Here's another picture of him. Neither picture shows off how cute he really is. (I didn't take either picture. I took them from the web site of the organization who rescued him. He was abandoned in a building. Poor guy. He's fine, but really, how could any one abandon an animal? Leave them locked in an empty building with no food/water???? HOW?)

Anyway, the little kitty has a name, and it's not a bad name, but it's not a name we would have chosen. If you have a suggestion for a name, please leave it.** He'll be moving in on Sunday. N (6) LOVES him. He seems like he is a very good kitty--a total spaz--probably an absolutely purrrrrrect match for N. He has quite a few characteristics my Beloved kitty had, but he's different. He seems more goofy than Beloved kitty was, but that's okay and it definitely works for N.

Wowza. We're getting a new kitty. I still miss my boy.



*Yes, he's cross-eyed. He's a Black Siamese cat (or some parts Siamese....he's a mixed breed boy...rescued by a very wonderful woman).

**I ask because N is NOT good at coming up with names!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote "Buckwheat." lol You know why.

Congrats on the new addition!

Anonymous said...

Coal or cole- he is the color of coal.

RUTH said...

My parents adopted a cat called Marbles and renamed her Miss Marple. I really like the way her new name is related to her old one so I'd like to know his current name before making suggestions.

JK said...

His current name is Pumba (like the warthog in Lion King). I wouldn't have chosen this. N thinks it's "HIS NAME" ... The person we're getting him from says he doesn't really know it. I would like to change it. N wants to keep it. HELP! (She's not interested in calling him Little Puma--I think it's cute and similar like Ruth suggested...)

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your new kitty - I'm jealous since my husband is allergic to them and I'll never get to have one. :(

Thanks for leaving a note of encouragement in Swistle's comments section for me. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in all the baby/moving insanity!