Monday, March 31, 2008

If I had any doubts...

I don't want to add another baby to our family. Just adding a new kitty is going to be hard enough! (This entry might be confusing because, I'm TIRED and that's why I think 3 little girls and assorted animals is a perfect number.)

He's a great cat, I think.* He LOVES to be where the action is, and in our house, there is ALWAYS a lot of action. The girls are noisy and he doesn't mind, in fact, he gets all excited and runs toward the noise to see what is happening. Heh. He seems smart though as he runs AWAY when the girls start jumping--good self-preservation instinct! (I am fearful they will accidentally hurt him, and I am delighted that he knows he shouldn't be in the midst of the physical stuff.)


The tired part... Last night, when NewKitty wasn't exploring the house, he slept on K's (3.8) bed. K woke up at 6 am and came to get me to save her from NewKitty. Right before K went to bed, NewKitty started to play (and chew) on K's dolls. K LOVES her dolls and she got very anxious about this. At 6:15 am, she had pushed all the dolls she usually sleeps with (on her bed) under the cover in a pile because she was so worried NewKitty would eat them. (It was cute, funny and sad all at the same time.)

After K woke me up, I tried to get NewKitty to go sleep on N's (6) bed, but in the process, I woke up N. Between 6:30 and 7:30 N was awake and playing with NewKitty. I went down and told her to get in bed at 7. N did for a minute. I went back to bed and dozed a bit but at 7:30, I heard she was still up. I went back down and wasn't nice and yelled (in a quiet whispering way) at her. Even though the yelling was at least 30 decibels softer than usual, you could tell I wasn't happy. N looked scared. N did go back to sleep and hopefully she'll get enough sleep to keep her from being exhausted at school. NewKitty got scared too and is cowering under K's bed.

I feel a little bad for scaring two of the mammals in the house, but not too bad. They need to not wake people. Sleep is sacred!)

I decided to go ahead and get up at 7:30 to catch up on grading. I don't have that much to do, but it seems I never finish. I am TIRED now and have a headache. We'll hope extra coffee helps. Oh, and genius me... I arranged for the carpet cleaners to come today and I'm going to have to juggle NewKitty and our Cat C and keep them apart with 1/2 the house out of commission. WHAT was I thinking? (NewKitty and C haven't met. They both know there is another cat around, but they haven't asked to see each other.)

Pictures of N and NewKitty** are on the other blog.





*The only thing I am worried about is NewKitty's tendency to nip (gently and playfully) at your fingers. He did this a great deal to me as I was trying to get him to calm down and go to sleep. I have to cut him a little slack though, as I keep telling N (6) to do, since it was his first day in the house. He wanted to EXPLORE last night and I was trying to get him to calm down, and he didn't want to listen. He is VERY playful.


**His name is still TBD. N has finally decided on a different name. A name I like better than the original, and it does work for him. The funny thing is, it's the name of the other cat we were considering. She's not very good with coming up with new names. I would love to call NewKitty Simon, but it's not my decision. (He looks like a Simon to me!)

No comments: