Friday, March 28, 2008

Random Much?

1. The kitty is coming over to our house in 2 hours. We will meet him. We will decide. I will let you know. The girls know this is happening and they are excited, but not as insane as I thought they'd be.

2. My floors are clean. (I still have to clean the kitchen and our bedroom Yes, I cleaned in honor of a kitty visiting. Yes, I am insane. He will shed. (My in-laws are coming next weekend, I will be cleaning a lot this coming week. Prepare to see my house sparkle!)

3. T (2.5) stayed dry all night! She will wear diapers at night until I feel very confident in her abilities. Today, she took herself to the bathroom all by herself. She felt "the urge" and no one asked and she took herself. She did this twice. Once she made it and once, she mostly made it. I can't complain too much. She made it to right in front of the toliet before she had the accident. Hard floors are easy to clean. She's doing great!

4. MWH had his birthday this week. It was fun. The girls LOVE birthdays.

5. N3nny is great. She bakes too much, but other than that, no complaints. You know you're spoiled with a nanny when you're only complaint is, "She bakes too much." Heh. She organizes a lot too, but I'm NOT complaining about that!!!!

6. One week into my working less thing and I'm good. I've been kind of a bum this week. I had to get ready for MWH's birthday and then take the day off to hang with him. It was fun to relax. (Did I just say that???) (Also, see #2 for why I will not be able to work very much this coming week. Hint, cleaning.)

7. I wonder what C (our cat) will think of another cat. C is 17. He likes to sleep a lot. Our plan, we'll see how it goes, will be to mostly keep the new cat downstairs with the girls (and the laundry room will be where his food and litter will be) and keep the upstairs mostly for C. Hopefully the new cat won't go in our room so C can keep his sanctuary, our bed. C has his litter box and food upstairs in the guest bathroom. C usually eats most of his food right when you give it to him. We don't want C to eat the new cat's food. C eats a special food since he's a "mature" kitty.

When C and Beloved kitty were together, Beloved kitty was the dominant kitty. Beloved kitty moved in to C's house, but Beloved kitty quickly "took over." Beloved kitty was like that. Beloved kitty was a fun-loving guy. He loved playing with C and C and he became best buds.

One of my favorite memories is when C and Beloved kitty met for the first time.... C was hissing and yowling at Beloved kitty. Beloved kitty was just checking out the place and he walked up to C as C was hissing and took his front paw and lightly batted C on the nose as if to say, "yea, whatever, just chill." C was a little taken aback. One of the last things Beloved kitty did on the morning he died was lick his brother and get his brother to lick him. So sweet.

Okay, and now I cry for Beloved kitty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sad for you...and excited to hear about new kitty! And go T!