Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Up and down

Today was neither a great day nor a bad day and that is fine with me. I like the even keel. I like the ups, but I really dislike the downs, so give me steady and boring anyday. It's hard with 3 little ones not to have downs and not to be overwhelmed.


Moving on to another topic.... So far, the colds are weird. Lots of congestion sound, but nothing coming out the noses. I'm fine with that now, but I'm hoping that's not a recipe for an ear infection. We don't want no stinkin' ear infections! We just got back to normal after T's first course and the side effect from the antibiotic. I don't want to have to go through that again!

Speaking of Miss T (7 months), she is just not into eating food. She is all about nursing. We haven't found a single food she likes. We've tried, bananas, apples (almost gagged on those), teething biscuits (wheat free), rice cereal with breast milk, sweet potatoes, and avacado. She says NO! I'm okay with nursing exclusively for a while longer. When she's ready to eat she will.

I'm so glad my first baby (N) liked food when she was "supposed" to like food. N was a completely-by-the-book baby. Totally and completely. She did everything like all of the baby books said she should do when they said she should do them. It was very reassuring. She was and still is a great eater! Now, being an experienced and much more mellow Mom, I'm okay if T wants to take her time doing things like eating. Her latest trick... pulling up on something and then letting go and balancing. I think her personal best is about 4 or 5 seconds.

What else... I think I had too much coffee today. I feel jittery and that's very unusual for me. Yesterday I don't think I had enough, and so to avoid the low feeling, I think I over-imbibed.

A while ago, I had a fantasy of playing in the blogosphere while a Roomba or Scooba cleaned my floors. It's coming true right now!

I love Alfred!

No comments: