Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Whew, crazy day!

Tonight we had some friends over for dinner. We had 5 kiddos in our house for dinner. It was a wacky dinner. It never happened that all 9 of us were at the table at the same time. First it was the four adults, K and their daughter. Then K and their daughter finished and N came down. Then N finshed and T and their baby woke up... It was total kid-juggling! It was a fun night though.

It's always great when we have people over to visit... Our house gets a good top-to-bottom cleaning in one day. I am always cleaning it seems, but usually my strategy is to do one floor at a time (or even just one room at a time depending on how much time I have) and thus, the house never feels all clean. When we have company it gets all clean in one day. It was also nice that my husband was home and did a lot of cleaning! (Bonus, my house is clean and I didn't have to clean it all.)

I can't decide if I should get someone to come clean my house or not. I never am satisfied with how other people clean my house. I like the way I do it better. The problem is that I don't always have time to clean my house and if I had someone coming to clean it I would at least have someone making an attempt at cleaning which is better than no attempt at all...right? I can never decide. When I was pregnant, it was a no-brainer. I was tired and busy with work and needed help. Now, I have most of my energy back and I am not totally swamped at work (because I'm trying very hard not to be).

I really still want the Sc*ooba floor cleaner. The local newspaper did a review of it and it was favorable. I currently have a Ho*over Floo*rMat*e and I like it pretty well. I think it does a great job of cleaning. I don't use it for vacuuming the hard floors (something that people complain about in the reviews). In fact, it does such a great job in the cleaning phase that I am often sad if I use it more often than every 10 days. I am sad because there isn't much dirt on the floor because it's gotten the floor sooooo clean. If I use it every 10 days, then the floor is dirty enough and I can see how clean the floor is again. The best strategy for me is to use it, and then swifter a few times and then use it again after about 10 days so that I can get that clean floor satisfaction.

Anyway, back to the Sc*ooba, it's about $400, but that's what I would have to pay a cleaning service for about 3 visits, so it could definitely be a good investment. Granted, the cleaning service would clean more than just the floors, but the floors are a large part of our house. If the Sc*ooba does as good of a job as the H*oover, then I would really be happy with purchasing it. In the review in our newspaper, they said that they had to change the tank a couple of times and I'm sure in my house I'd have to change the tank a few times, but if it could clean my floors while I got to play in the blogosphere or with my kiddos it would be soooo worth it. Yes, I could hire a cleaning service to come clean my house while I played in the blogosphere or with my kiddos, but I'd rather have the Sc*ooba I think.

No comments: