Thursday, March 23, 2006

Spelling and pants

Miss N (4) is obsessed with spelling. She asks me how to spell pretty much every word she can think of, and then some! She will ask me how to spell a long sentence and I'll take a deep breath and spell the whole sentence as fast as I can. She laughs and laughs.

The pants are good. Did I ever tell you I found a pair I liked? I didn't go for the "warm" part. I found a pair of black cropped ones and I love them. Really really love them. They sit really low on the waist/hips and they are nice. They were fairly cheap; very comfortable; pretty hip and now; and they are dressy enough for work or casual enough to look at home at the park as I'm playing with my 3 little girls.

I had a colleague rave about them yesterday. She came up to me 2 or 3 times just to tell me how fabulous they are. She kept going on and on about how flattering they were on me. It was nice, but I'm not sure if she realizes that in addition to the great pants, I've also lost ~15 pounds since December. Either way, the compliments she gave me made yesterday, with all of its suckiness, a little better.

Oh, speaking of going to the park with 3 little girls. I did it. All by myself. With all 3. (It was 3/22 when I did this.) T (7 months) was strapped to my back and K(22 months) and N (4) rode over to the park in the double stroller. I had asked N to be my helper before we went. She agreed. She was really really good. I find that if I talk to her about the role she needs to play in a situation before we get into the situation she does much better. She helped me with K and she stayed with me. (She has a tendency to wonder off.) Anyway, I didn't know if I could take all 3 and make it home with all 3, but it worked. Woo-hoo. I will do it again. And yes, I wore the pants. (tee hee.)

No comments: