Friday, March 24, 2006

Things....

We met with our designer and we will see what numbers she comes back with for the price of the remodel. We took out a lot of work. As far as timing, we are probably stuck with not starting until the end of May, and we may push it later ('cause we may choose to subcontract out some of the work as a cost-savings--we'll see).

It annoys me totally when people leave a phone message and say their phone number VERY fast. Slow down on the number... Yes, you know it well, but the person you are leaving it for doesn't. I had to listen 4 times to a number left on my voice mail today. I still had to guess at one of the digits. (Edited to add: This has bothered me for YEARS (over 10 years, because my previous boyfriend gave me this as a pet-peeve--he used to complain about this to no end and thus, it started to bug me) and I do leave my phone number very slowly and clearly when I leave it. Probably annoyingly slow. And then I often leave it twice so people don't have to figure out how to go back on their voice mail to listen to the number part again. I'm probably on the other end of the annoying spectrum, huh?)

What else...? 3 little girls are still very cute. Last night, none of them wanted to go to sleep. Actually T (7 months) did, but her older sisters kept waking her. Miss K (22 months) really doesn't even want to take a nap. She's sooooo tired, but she's fighting sleep. She's been in her crib for about 1/2 hour - 45 minutes. I am NOT going to get her up before she naps.

Yesterday she only napped about 45 minutes and she needs about 2 hours. That's why she didn't want to go to bed last night. She was overly tired. Today she napped 5 minutes in the car and now she doesn't want to nap for real, but I AM NOT LETTING HER GET UP. She isn't crying. She's playing in her crib. She's making the musical toy that is hanging on her crib go right now. I feel a little guilty letting her stay there, but if I got her up she'd just run around and make me chase her and she might hurt herself. She's in that, "I'm so tired I fall down a lot state." Okay... Isn't this a fun post? This is what happens when I have 10 minutes ... :-)

Updated to add that Miss K "won" and never took a nap. Bed time is early tonight. I also think 22 months is too early to give up a nap!

Updated again... She fell asleep at 6 pm and slept until 7:30 and then bounced in her crib from 8:45 pm until 10:45 pm. Literally. She was holding on to the rails and JUMPING. She was up bright and early at 8 am this morning (Saturday).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, sounds like things are a little better regarding the remodel. Hope you don't have to compromise too much. My husband, too, complains about people leaving numbers too fast, but then he does the same thing! So how long did K stay in her crib? Did she nap? I hate it when they get that little catnap in the car and then fight sleep after that. Today we had lunch with my Mom. Lauren was starting to fall asleep, but my Mom talked to her and tickled her so she'd stay awake. She's a Mom and knows too well what will happen if a two year old even senses that they have already slept. And, she knew she'd be the one who would have to deal with the wrath of Lauren, because she offered to baby-sit while I went to the store to prepare for Lauren's birthday party tomorrow. So where did you get the fabulous pants and for how much??