Thursday, December 11, 2014

Almost 6 months, again

I'm still here... Kind of. I think of this blog often. I have lots of things I want to write. I'd like to write about best and worst practices in parenting (not all mine). I'm trying to figure out how to do that. I am still teaching, but I'll be taking a break next semester and after I catch up with work (maybe by March???), I'll be able to think about writing here.

We're getting ready to enter a new era around here: adolescence. Little oNe will turn 13 soon. She was almost four when I started this blog.* I can't decide if I'll blog about adolescence or not. I'll probably blog about some things in general, but not in specific. I think I will learn a lot from my girls in the next few years; I have continually been learning from them, but I think the pace of my learning will accelerate as they get a little older.

Reminiscing...I have a friend who has 3 kids who are about the same spacing in age as our 3 are. Her oldest just turned 4 and her youngest is about 6 months.  It's crazy for her. I hadn't seen her in a while, and I commented on a FB post she made about how I remember those days and that it will get easier. She thanked me and said how hard it was when the all cry.  I remember.  This post was one of my lowest times. Maybe you can't really read and see how bad it was, but this blog does document for me so many memories.  I always wrote this blog for the family. I was lucky to meet a few kindred spirits along the way. Though I don't talk to them as often, I still count them as friends and am happy for the connection to them through blogging.




*Hey, I missed my blogoversy. Oops!  I guess I missed it in 2013, too.  It looks like I got it 2012.

No comments: