Tuesday, December 20, 2005

My husband begged me to blog about this

Oh boy... Where do I start?

This morning sucked. On so many levels it sucked. My husband wants me to blog about it because he doesn't want me to forget how awful today was in a few years. He doesn't want me to ask for a #4 baby. He's afraid that might happen. On some levels, I'm afraid that I might forget how awful today was and ask for a #4 baby too. (Some day I'll have to re-read The Selfish Gene (by Richard Dawkins) to see if it can account for the desire to have more children when you are completely overwhelmed. But not today. Today I don't have enough time, brain, or energy.)

Anyway, I write this post for my husband, but I just can't write out all the horrors of this morning though... It sounds way too awful to write it in detail (and it would take way too long) so I'll just share the highlights.

Highlights
-2 screaming girls at separate times and together in stereo (and it was the older two so it was really loud for a while)
-problems with a technology at work and people at work saying, "Oh, it couldn't possibly be our fault, it must be your computer." (It was most definitely not my computer.) (Their system sucks and has sucked before.)
-no nanny
-a Christmas card that is in the wrong .jpg format that can't be uploaded to online printing places (never mind that I still haven't printed my cards, let alone sent them out.... Hopefully that will be dealt with by tomorrow.)
-sore foot and back
-lots of stuff to do for Christmas (packing and shipping presents)
-a consultant who billed way too much and now we have to deal with that
-my friend calling to say that she wished we hadn't have switched nanny days after all because her work needed her tomorrow not today afterall...... (she and I worked out a compromise though and she and I bonded over how much life sucks so it's okay and I get a nanny at 5 pm today for about 2 hours)

And now, because I'm such a PollyAnna, here are the good things.

Baby #3 is an easy going kiddo and has been asleep for about an hour.

I'm lucky that my husband was able to stay home till about 12:30 today. He's my pillar of strength and has a flexible job. (And he's very very cute.)

I just had my triple shot mocha (one shot for each girl), so things are bound to improve. At least, I'll have energy.

K (19 months) will soon take her nap, so that's good too.

Right now K is running around with a piece of scotch tape that is about 2 feet long and having lots of fun with it. N is "wrapping presents" (toys of her own) and I'm trying to record this so I don't forget.

I love my little girls. I just wish the rest of the world was easier.

No comments: