Saturday, August 11, 2012

Week 8: Please don't end!

Oh Summer, how fleeting you are.  Is that what makes you so sweet?

Of course I wanted to blog more, but of course I didn't; of course, now I can't remember what other things I wanted to put on here so let's just record the highlights of last week.

All the girls went to the dentist.  The receptionist scheduled their cleaning appointments one after another instead of all at the same time. Two hours were spent in the office.  I was not a happy camper.  Neither were the girls.  I will always check to make sure we are scheduled in parallel and not in series.

I have the girls' start of school outfits.  Woo. I bought them online a while ago.  But of course, it can't be that easy.  Three-a decided she didn't want the one I got.  It had been so long, I figured I should return the outfit to the store to make sure they'd take it back (instead of sending it back).  I am happy to report that we had a fast, successful trip to the mall.  I haven't been to a mall in a LONG TIME.  I haven't missed it.  However, this last week, we went in, returned the items, found pants that the girls love and left.  We did this in under an hour.  The best thing was that though the store didn't have oNe's size in the pants, they ordered them for me and are shipping them to my house (free of shipping charge) since they were out of stock in the store.

We still need to get school supplies.

My brother is here visiting.  Today we're going to go to a nice garden to walk around and see all the pretty flowers.  This coming week, we'll do some other fun things.  Look for a more exciting post for week 9. (Yea, we'll see.)

I am STILL working on my syllabus.  I wanted to change some things.  Of course, I had to go through EVERYTHING and determine what worked and didn't.  I hope to finish by this week.  #teachingisatimesuck

Totally unrelated, here's a super inspiring video. http://now.msn.com/watch-a-disabled-vet-make-an-incredibly-inspiring-recovery?_p=1b05ffda-4ea0-4e1e-8532-9863b2e33167 I am posting it here because FB SUCKS.  I posted it in FB and now they are switching me to Timeline and in Timeline, you can't see all your previous posts.  I had to google to find it. Grrr.  Timeline is ugly and its mother dresses it funny.

No comments: