Thursday, August 16, 2012

Week 9: Noooooo!

I don't want summer to end; unfortunately, I don't think there is anything I can do to stop it from ending.  I took a lot of time off work this summer.  At first, it was hard because I'm not used to having time off.  Now, I'm down with it.  I don't want to go back.  Monday, I have to go back to work.  (Wahhhh!)  My supervisor (:waves to PS) understands how hard it will be to come back.  I'll do it to work with her on a fun project (for the next 5 years!) and then we'll see what happens.  (I'm sure there will be something else fun.)

After the laid back experience of this summer, I hope I can take a decent amount of time off next summer.  It's been super fun!

Back to the documentation of this week. My brother is visiting.  We played with him a couple of days.  We did touristy stuff on Saturday and yesterday, which was Wednesday.  On Sunday, we took him to a fun (I hope he had fun) party with our wonderful friends (:waves to PS).

Today, oNe and I went to a dance class together.  I love going with her right now.  When she gets nervous, she holds my hand.  How SWEET is that???  I wonder when she'll out grow doing that.  I'd love it if she didn't.

What else... Monday we went swimming with a friend and Tuesday I pretty much finished my syllabus for my class (so I worked while the girls hung with the nanny).  Tomorrow, we find out our girls' teachers for the years!  Fingers crossed.  (I found out about oNe's teacher; it's fine, good teacher, not the "best" but not bad and more importantly, she has a good friend in the class!!!  Now just two more to go.)

On another note, I haven't talked much about our current nanny, but she's super. She started off as a babysitter two years ago and she's been gaining responsibility and working more and more. She was just out of high school two years ago and now she is so much more grown up.  It's wonderful.  I'm documenting here that we've been very lucky for the last two years in the babysitter / nanny department.  I hope it continues.  I should give nanny a nickname...  NannyC is all I can come up with right now...  I'm putting this down right now because a friend just texted about how she needs a new nanny.  Nannies can be wonderful or NOT.....  a good nanny is hard to find.  We are lucky right now.  We had our share of nanny issues in the past.  Thank goodness when you find a wonderful nanny!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:waves back

:promises to try to make your return to work fun or at least tolerable (hey, we get to decorate our office :)

. o O (Aw about oNe!)