Friday, January 13, 2012

10!

oNe is 10!  A decade... How did that happen?  We have a little over 6 years of that decade documented, here, and I have the first 4 years documented in a word processing document on my computer.  I need to make sure it still opens and I can work with it.  This blog, and that journal is a gift to my girls.  Anyway, maybe, in honor of oNe's tenth birthday, I'll put some of the early entries from that journal up here.  I'll do it after next week....  Maybe even after 2/8 or 2/15.  We'll see.  (It's still crazy at work.)

For oNe's 10th birthday, she didn't want a party.  There's a guinea pig at her school, we'll call her "P."  oNe loves P so much.  P got a fungus and has had to be out of school.  oNe, I believe the only child in the class, also got the fungus (from P).  oNe and P can't see each other for another week (minimum).  Because of this turn of events, oNe decided she wasn't celebrating her birthday until P came back to school.  We honored oNe's special day, here at home, with chocolate cupcakes (her nanny brought), ice cream, and presents.  We'll celebrate a little more when P comes to spend the weekend.

oNe is such an animal lover.  When I was oNe's age, I loved animals like she does.  I understand.  oNe is a lot like me.  She's got a very strong sense of right and wrong and a sense that saving the world falls to her.  I hope that I can share some of what I learned along the way, but like me, she likes to figure it out for herself.  Recreating the wheel is something she and I both do.  I love my little oNe girl.

When she was born, I couldn't believe how little and absolutely perfect she was.  She was a great sleeper, a great nurser, and grew strong, quickly. MWH and I were delighted. She passed all those wonderful baby milestones ahead of schedule (reassuring me of her genius!).  As she grew, her personality formed more.  She became a very silly little girl. She was also headstrong; she and I butted heads, a lot. I remember explaining so many things to her when she was 4.  Four was a rough year. By the time she was 5, she had taken over as my little helper.  She's such a little "mother" to her sisters.  (She lectures all the time and I don't have to!)

Anyway, I don't have the words, today, to write a proper entry for the girl who is my first born.  I am thrilled beyond belief to have my oNe.  I love you oNe!

No comments: