Friday, January 20, 2012

Back...

I'm back from the first big thing this year...

My back isn't happy.  Yesterday I sat for almost the entire day ... approximately 20 hours.  NO JOKE.

Today, I am trying to recover.  I am not sitting.  I am standing a lot and stretching a lot.  I have done a few core exercises and will go do some more as soon as I write this (lame) entry.  I just want to remember a few things.

First, I was way too busy with this project, but it's a really good project. We're trying to do more of it.  If it happens, I will still probably be way too busy, but I hopefully will be able to reduce the number of projects I have and then I'll be less busy.

I have to decide if I want to keep teaching next year.  I had one student who nearly did me in.  Seriously.  I am not blogging anymore about h/im/er.  I don't want to remember the details.  Quote of the day from oNe after watching one of our cats throw up.  Hopefully that memory will be a distant memory soon.  That's how I feel about that student.

I learned something on this trip; I do like having a job that I like.  I have been a little, um, not that excited about things for a while.  I think I learned that life is too short to do stuff I dislike.  There will be some things I dislike on this project (if we get it) but I'm going to do my darndest to NOT get involved with those things.  The things I don't like are mostly in MB's domain.  (PS please remind me to say NO to any of those activities!)

But, bad/good news, I just said yes to a new gig at work.  It should only be 8 hours a week.  In 2-4 weeks, I'll lose 16 hours of "time" at work.  For the next couple of weeks it will be busy.  But, I'd rather fill that 16 hours with this new gig than any other way that I know of right now.  I'll be blogging (on work topics) as my new project.  It's good.  I can't turn down a blogging gig. I'll also do their Social Media (twitter/FB), too.  This should be pretty flexible.

Okay, what else...

I'm so happy to be home!  I missed my girls, MWH, and the kitties!  One of the little kitties threw up 4 times today.  He must be really happy I'm home to decide to welcome me that way.  Here's hoping he got whatever made his tummy upset OUT of his tummy.

No comments: