Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

He's still that wonderful!


Today, the girls made pancakes for breakfast for him. They did most of it themselves. oNe has been on a cooking kick, and she has learned to flip them, so it's pretty cool.

All day long, MWH and the girls worked outside. They cleaned the garage, they painted, they power-washed, and did lots of stuff that I don't even know about, yet. MWH had fun teaching them home improvement stuff.

Earlier in the week, I had asked MWH what he wanted to do for Father's Day and he said, home improvement with the girls. Alrighty.... (Yup, he's that wonderful! You can't make this stuff up.) He works a lot at work, so he doesn't get a lot of time to do home improvement, but when he does, he's damn good and the girls got to learn from the finest.

I spent most of the day in the house. I did some organizing in our closet...It looks better, significantly better, even, but it could still use some help. (I should have taken before and after pictures...) I also went through other piles of paper in the bedroom. I made some progress, but I still have a ways to go.

(The big problem is that I work on so many different projects that never quite go away. I have two big stacks from a project I did in spring. I can't toss them, yet because we have a report to write this fall. We can't write the report until then. It's tough. Then there's the class I'm teaching, as I went through papers I made a "potentially use in the class pile." I won't have time to sort through it until July, though. Sigh! OHMYGOODNESS it's almost JULY!!!!)

One other memory, at dinner tonight, MWH told them stories and they kept asking for "one more old story." Super cute!

Remind me to tell you more about socca bread, later. Right now, I must go hang with MWH!

No comments: