Saturday, June 17, 2006

Happy Father's Day

My husband is an amazing father and man. For us, the best Dad and the best husband. On Friday, he got Miss N dressed for the wedding she was in (as a flower girl). I have a picture of him putting the dress on her, and doing the bow in the back. His little girls are going to teach him things about the female that no one else ever could (not even me).

My husband is incredibly patient. He toliet-trained his cat. He puts up with me and all of my crazy ideas. He loves his little girls. They love him. They get so excited when they get to play "chase-chase" or "Daddy Monster."

I just asked N (4) what her favorite thing to do with Daddy was, her eyes lit up, and she immediately said, "Play chase-chase!"

N and K also love the songs Daddy sings to them at night before bed. Once you've heard "Short little Alfred cleans our house" (to the tune of Old MacDonald) you understand! K loves Daddy to dance with her before bed.

He got to cut the cord at the births of all 3 little girls. Right after N was born, he went with her to do the first bath and the first check-up like the daddies do. They put her on a table that had warming lights above it and N just looked incredibly content. He thought she might have sighed even. When we got out of the hospital, he went out and got her a warming light to go over her changing table at our house. That's the kind of guy he is.

When we found out we were pregnant with T (a big surprise), his reaction was to take a picture of the pregnancy test in front of our Christmas tree (since it was Christmas Day). It's one of my favorite pictures. I was in too much shock to have thought of something like that. He was level-headed and cool.

Each time one of our little girls is born, people are suprised that there is an increasing trend in how much they look like him. N looked just like him, then K looked even more just like him, and now T is his little clone.

Whenever I hear the Paul Simon song, Father and Daughter, I think of him and our little girls...

I'm gonna watch you shine
Gonna watch you grow
Gonna paint a sign
So you'll always know
As long as one and one is two
There could never be a father
Who loved his daughter more than I love you


And then he gets to multiply by 3. It's a good thing he's good at math.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute to your daughters' Daddy! I don't know if I've heard that Paul Simon song before.