Tuesday, June 21, 2011

OMG how is it almost JULY???

I think I'll title all of my blog posts that way until it's actually July. I'm in complete and utter shock about how fast this year has gone. Let's review the year, quickly, since that's how it went.

January--VERY BUSY with oNe's birthday and two online workshops for a seminar that I led.

February--celebrated my birthday, planned follow-up for online seminar, and went to Hawaii

March--planned follow-up two for online seminar, wrote survey for online seminar, wrote a report for another project, attended annual meeting of another project and made a presentation, dealt with Norovirus, celebrated MWH's birthday

April--planned follow-up three for online seminar, read through tons of data, organized closing online workshops for seminar, visited my family over spring break, learned C-kitty is dying

May--did hospice for C-kitty, did the two online closing workshops for seminar, made 13 debrief phone calls, collected data and started to organize it, celebrated twoK's birthday

June--online seminar over and even though there's more to do I can't do it because of project rules so I switched gears to write a different report, did dance show, (soon) will go visit MWH's parents, (soon) will do kick-off for new project (next week)




Today, before summer completely slipped away, we joined a neighborhood pool. I agonized about doing it because it wasn't cheap, but it's a good investment for summer fun. Now that we've joined, we just have fairly low membership fees, until we sell our membership to someone else.

I hope it's going to be super fun belonging to the pool. The girls love to swim and now we have a place that is about 5 minutes from our house. It's super laid back; they want you to think of the pool as an extension of your backyard and they ask you to be smart, safe, and respectful and that's it. The girls can jump off the diving board (no swimming test--an example of how laid back the pool is) and believe me they jumped MANY times today.* It's got wi-fi! I hope the pool makes summer easier and more carefree.

It's a small neighborhood club, so we'll get to know the other members. They have social events. They have a club house. They let you have parties there. I'm thinking maybe Three-a will have a big swim party for her birthday right after school starts, rather than a Pump it Up Party.

I'm nervous about whether we'll 1) like the other members and 2) want to socialize and 3) get kicked out because we're not super social. I wasn't social today. I tried to smile at people, but no one really smiled back or even looked at me. I wondered if I was invisible because a couple of people almost walked into me. Whatever.

Oh, I should someday record the saga of our fence, but not tonight. I will record that today, I made iced coffee with my free post-Zumba cup of coffee. It was so yummy.






*As soon as we walked in Three-a wanted to jump off the diving board. She's never done that before. She did it well and swam over to the side of the pool. I was worried she was going to be scared. She wasn't scared at all; she's fearless and enthusiastic. Also, she lost a tooth today. One of the top ones. oNe and she were having a pillow fight. It was a very loose tooth. A whack from the pillow knocked it out and Three-a swallowed it. Her other top tooth is also loose. Soon, she'll be singing all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. Oh, one last thing, she has a lisp now and it's adorable.

No comments: