Sunday, April 24, 2011

Since we last spoke...

I got all three girls home from our trip, alone, with no MWH. I was thrilled that we managed to catch the plane, not lose any keys (hotel or rental car), and get home with all of our stuff--or if we lost something, we haven't missed it yet.

MWH was with us on the trip until Tuesday and then he went home to go back to work. His plans didn't go quite accordingly, though. He caught norovirus on his plane ride home. My poor boy! He was very sick Thursday. He rallied and drove to pick us up at the airport on Friday, but then I put him back in quarantine and bleached the kitchen.

He's in our bedroom and I'm in the guest bedroom.* It's very weird and I miss him very much. I don't know if I'm going to end up sick, or not, but I sure hope I can avoid this (again). It's so weird that he got this on the plane. I fear it's still lurking in our house. If it is from the plane, I sure hope the girls don't get it. If it's still in the house, hopefully they still have immunity. They've been sick ENOUGH! Oh, on top of norovirus, MWH caught a cold, too. Poor guy!

Today is Easter and all was going well until twoK became too exhausted to be a rational human being. I could write about it, but it wasn't pretty. Sigh. Just give me the world's worst Mom award, please. I deserve it. Hopefully she's taking a nap, now. The girls went to bed very late and got up really early because they were excited about what the Easter Bunny brought.

Besides candy, the easter bunny brought one hula hoop, two things similar to the Lemon Twist (see photo below) , and one ball and bat. He also wrote a note telling the girls to share all the toys. I am thankful the easter bunny knew the girls would have energy to burn off after eating the candy. Considering how tired twoK was, they did a great job sharing the toys, too.



Later today, when twoK wakes up or gets up, we'll dye easter eggs. I hope I can finish the post I started on our trip and get the posted later today... I also would love a nap, but we'll see if I can manage that.



*It sucks to come home from vacation and have to wash sheets before you can go to bed. I changed the girls' sheets and the guest bedroom sheets. I've done a lot of laundry in the last couple of days and there's still more to go.

No comments: