Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday...

It's not sunny, it's still raining. I feel like we are in a movie and the director has thrown in the rain so everyone knows to take pity on us.

It's official, twoK is sick. She didn't want to be sick. She fought the good fight and didn't get sick "officially" until 12:30 last night. I knew it was inevitable at 8:30, and suspected as early as 6:30. Whatever.

Between midnight and 1 am last night, both Three-a and twoK were throwing up at the same time. Ahh, good times. Memories. The wait continues to see what happens to MWH and me.

There is good new about the little sisters, thus far, Three-a seems less sick than oNe and twoK seems even less sick than Three-a. We'll see if they recover more quickly. My theory for why it hit oNe so hard is that she had been on antibiotics for her foot gash the week before and that those antibiotics had wiped all the good bacteria from her little system thus allowing the bad virus to wreck havoc.

Did I ever tell you about oNe getting her stitches removed? I had to lay on her to hold her down again. The nurse had to help. She screamed louder on the removal than on the insertion, granted, we lied to her so she didn't know she was getting stitches, but still! She was convinced that she needed a numbing shot. Oh, it wasn't good.

oNe kept crying for 20 minutes after in the car. I tried everything to soothe her and help her feel better, but to no avail. She just kept crying louder and being more sulky about the fact that we had had her stitches removed. I was very frustrated as she was FINE, so I pulled out the oldie, but goodie of if you can't stop crying, I'm going to pull over and you'll walk home from here. Something in my tone convinced her I wasn't messing around... Perhaps it was my yelling, but she calmed down.

No comments: