Saturday, March 19, 2011

Another one...

Warning, this post is all about stomach flu... Stop reading now if you squeamish.

Last night, 2:30 am, Three-a started to get sick. It was scary and in a sick way almost comical. You see, she started alternating between running around and throwing herself down on the floor, unsure of whether she wanted the bathroom to throw up or to just lay down and rest. I was worried as I thought we were going to have throw-up everywhere. Fortunately, she got her stomach under control and we moved her back downstairs to the "sick floor."

Three-a lost it (officially and literally) around 4:30 am. MWH and I didn't sleep much between 2:30 and 4:30. Three-a went back to sleep pretty quickly; MWH and I didn't...and then around 9 am, she started calling for me about every 20 minutes, so I kept going down to her. I'd just get settled back in bed and then she'd call again. Around 11 or 11:30 am, MWH took pity on me and got up to get food for twoK. I went back to bed and slept until 1:30 and felt almost human again--being up most of the night had taken a toll on my head and it ached. I missed an appointment to get my eyelashes tinted, but under the circumstances, it's fine. twoK's still standing, but who knows if she'll escape or if she'll be down.

It's awful, waiting. One of my brother says I ought to send twoK down with the other girls and just get it over with... That we all ought to just give in so we don't have to be in this "limbo" of are we gonna get sick, or not???? for the next 2.5 weeks. Not knowing is kind of hell-ish. I don't want to eat anything because I'm afraid I might get sick. I have washed my hands so much they are dry and hurt. MWH is like me and desperately doesn't want to get sick; it's just not fun. The reason I say limbo for the next 2.5 weeks is that that's how long this virus (if it's Norovirus) can potentially live in the environment.

twoK is starting to say her stomach "hurts medium," now. She says it used to hurt just a little. Ai-yi-yi. Just 1/2 hour ago, we were sitting reading "herstory" about famous American Women and she was crawling all over me. We'll hope that the people aren't contagious until they actually get sick. They say (twoK called it herstory--my little feminist! I did nothing to explain this to her, but she's a smart girl.)

So, we got this virus from a birthday party for a little boy. The birthday boy wasn't sick, but apparently a another guest had recently had this. Ugh. The birthday boy was sick, like oNe... pretty much to the same HOUR as she for getting sick and then recovering. His Mom, L., got a mild 24-hour version of this. If I could be promised a mild version, I'd take it, right now, to get out of this purgatory. Unfortunately, I don't think I can be promised a mild version, so instead, I'll just keep being paranoid and washing my hands NON-STOP.

I did a Dailey Method class today because, who knows, what tomorrow will bring. Sigh. I feel GREAT from the class. My back and knees are very happy. As hard as the class is, I love how I feel after it!

One more live blog "sick" update, twoK is feeling worse by the minute, it seems. UGH. Quote of the day from Three-a: "I don't want to eat anything because I could throw up really easily."

Oh, one more fun thing, explaining diarrhea to little girls.

And one more thing.... it's been a cold and rainy day... perfect for just being in, being sick, sleeping late, and being in purgatory... If I had my choice, I'd prefer a sunny day and no illness.

No comments: