Monday, March 28, 2011

Greens



This is a new favorite from Whole Foods. It's kale, collard and mustard greens. In my opinion it will cure whatever ails you. I just sauteed about 1/2 a bag and had it on a tortilla with homemade roasted red pepper hummus. (Okay, I had it on two high fiber tortillas.)

Here are some pictures:





Other favorite things to do with this yummy, healthy blend include:

1. Add it frozen to my green smoothies (and I just added it to my girls' smoothies! Woo! So far, they haven't noticed.)
2. Sautee a whole bunch and add one egg to it (so there's way more greens than egg) and put salsa on it. This combination can be eaten alone or on tortillas.
3. Sautee a whole bunch and add one egg and then add the combination to miso soup.
4. Sautee a whole bunch and just add it to miso soup.
5. Sautee a whole bunch and add a tiny bit of whole wheat pasta and LOTS of homemade marina sauce on top.

Everyday, I eat a lot of greens, I'm working on eating greens 4-6 times a day. Read what my friend who is happy and healthy said about why greens are so important.

No comments: