Saturday, March 26, 2011

Space-time

Boy, it feels like it's been a long week, yet somehow it flew by and I got "not enough" accomplished. I have a hypothesis: throw up causes a disruption to the space-time continuum. Let me know what you think about this hypothesis.

Here's something else, we had about 96 hours between episodes of throwing up.... WTF??? Does that seem weird to you? It seems very odd to me. How can a kid seem perfectly normal for nearly 4 days and then throw up violently in their sleep? (Good times! MWH got twoK out of the path of the puke from Three-a about 1/2 a second before it would have hit her. Poor Three-a just was so sick! She was crying and it sounded pitiful. I had to shower her while MWH cleaned up the room. Thank goodness for MWH!) We're both very sick of sickness around here. (Don't come over! Our house is contaminated! UGH!)

So, oNe memorized her speech for the History project. She did a great job, but she lacks confidence and was so worried she was going to mess up. We've got to work on that. Poor girl is smart, but gets scared. With confidence, she could really take over the world.

I'm in a two-day long meeting at work (right now, even). Yesterday, I had to present, and it went well, but right before the presentation I thought I was getting sick. I wasn't, it turned out I was just very hungry. I'm not really scared of presentations in the venue of a small group meeting (like the one I gave) but I am scared of throwing up in front of a group. I think that's pretty normal, eh?

Approximately 24 hours later...

Since I was in 2-day long meetings, MWH had to be in charge on Th and F at home. Thursday he had both twoK and Three-a at home, sick. Friday he got to take all three to school, but if you have kids, you know the school day is VERY short! He had to pick them up at 3. I was supposed to get home around 5-ish, but the last meeting I had scheduled at 3:30 was cancelled so I got home around 4. After our week, he was so tired he decided not to go back to work. It was fun having a long lazy Friday night with MWH and the girls. We put on Scooby Doo movies and I folded laundry while MWH ran to the grocery store. In an hour's time, I ALMOST got all of their socks matched. (We have an INSANE number of socks. Any one else have this problem?)

Now, this morning, after 10 hours of sleep last night, I am still EXHAUSTED. The girls are in gymnastics and I am in the parking lot on my computer mooching off of a guest wireless at a big company. This afternoon, oNe has a playdate and she still has make-up work from when she was sick. Tomorrow is MWH's birthday so hopefully we'll get some good energy for that.

No comments: