Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Honestly...

On Sunday night, I started going through the stacks of papers the girls had brought home last week. I ended up recycling a great deal of it (shhh, they hate it when I toss things), but only after I had looked through it all. I try to save some school work from each girl at least every couple of weeks, but I try not to save too much. It's hard.... Oh, wait I wasn't going to discuss saving things versus recycling things, I was going to discuss HOW OVERWHELMED I WAS with all of the papers and how much stuff I have to track.

I don't like sorting papers. I suck at it. I think it's important for me to look at all their work and to understand what they are getting and what they aren't getting. (It's the Researcher in me--gotta track the kids.) I also had to go through extra papers and figure out what homework had been done, what was just sent home to kind of look at with them, and what still needed to be done and turned in (from when they were absent from the illness). oNe is almost caught up at school, but she needs me to make sure she gets it all figured out. I think twoK and Three-a are caught up, now.

Sunday night, I was about ready to cry from all the sorting and tracking of stuff. How do people work full-time and keep up with their kids? I don't know. I couldn't do it.

No comments: