Friday, March 04, 2011

can't decide

We had a FABULOUS time in Hawaii on our vacation, BUT, I can't decide if vacations are worth it. We read lots, swam lots, played in the ocean lots, and relaxed. That was all really good, but this week, since we've been back, it has been really hard and exhausting. Perhaps a vacation when the return week isn't such a difficult one is better, but I have no idea when the return week might not be bad.

A few things could have helped this return. For example, a return on a Saturday so we have Sunday to just chill and get ready for the week. We returned on Monday--that was a big mistake. The girls missed a day of school, were a little behind in their school work, and had something extra this week, the science fair on T/W. Returning at night was tough, too. On the trip, we drifted to "Hawaii time," so we were all getting up 2 hours later than usual at home and going to bed two hours later, too. The night we got back, the girls went to bed at 10:30 our time which is later than their usual bedtime. All week long it was hard to get them to bed and harder still to get them up in the morning. They even ended up with a tardy one morning. I yelled lots.

I feel so far behind at work. I only work 1/2 time, but M is one of my "long days" in the office. I missed M because of travel and most of T and W at work because of the science fair. I crammed 15 hours into work on Th and F. Well, actually, I have to do about 4 more hours of work this weekend. Fortunately, I have my head "into" what I need to do this weekend so it won't be too bad. (I am going to try to do another hour tonight after the girls go to bed.)

So, anyway, to sum up, I can't decide whether I like vacations or not... I remember one year I didn't work on labor day and everyone else where I worked did... It was then that I decided never to take time off, but to always keep working a little. This year was the first year since that labor day fiasco that I've really taken a lot of time off. While it was NICE during the trip, it all sucks, now. I would like to curl up in a fetal position and rock.

No comments: