Wednesday, January 13, 2010

new bedtime

I'm working really hard on making between 11 and 11:30, and hopefully closer to 11 my new bedtime. The last few years, MWH and I have gone to bed midnight or 12:30. It works okay if I can get up at 8:30 or 9, but with oNe in school, I have to get up at 7:30 or 8. I do okay on 7.5 hours of sleep, but not for too many nights in a row.

It was also the case that over the weekend, I'd sleep in, and then Mondays would be painful because I'd be so well rested and sleep late on Sunday that it would be difficult to fall asleep Sunday night.

Boy, I am exciting.... this is one of my new goals for the year. We'll see how it goes. I failed miserably on the second of January, and slept late, but this week has been better.

I still have to do a year in review post, but for some reason, it seems daunting. Maybe I'll do it in small chunks.




In other news, my knees (mostly the right one was the bad one) are getting better. Woo. Who knows if I'll end up all the way back to normal, but I think I'm at 90%. I can jump a little. I'm still working on strengthening my back before I go all crazy on the jumping. I will have to continue to work on my leg muscles to keep them really strong (weights), but I am so thrilled that my knees aren't done for when I'm only 29*.

I'm so excited that I can bend down to pick up things by bending my knees into a deep squat--handy to be able to do if you wear a straight skirt and drop stuff.

I guess, one thing for the year in review, I learned a lot about the importance of weights and making muscle this year. My core is getting stronger, and my back feels better most days. I still have a little more strengthening to do on my back before it feels even better, but I'm hopeful it's not as good as it's going to get yet. It's better, but my PT thinks it can get a little better still.

Oh weights, how good you are for me and all that ails me.



*Yea, shut up, this is my fantasy blog.

No comments: