Sunday, December 20, 2009

closing in

Christmas is quickly closing in on us. Highlights from the week:

1. I spoke to a friend who loves Christmas. She didn't know I was so Bah humbug-y (see the last point on that post). I think she's a bit annoyed with me now, because I really was negative in our conversation, but really, I'm not into Christmas. I keep wondering, if work wasn't so busy, would I like Christmas more... I don't know is the answer, but I don't think I would... Who knows!

2. The girls make me dislike Christmas a little less. At the beginning of the month, we took them to Target to have them show each other what they wanted for Christmas. It took up most of an afternoon. oNe loves to give presents to her sisters. Watching oNe love buying and thinking about her sisters makes me so happy. twoK is sort of starting to get it, and Three-a (4), well, she still wants to get herself a present. We're working on it. I think it's just her age. She's four. Four is a hard age... remind me to do a post on that.

3. At work, on Friday, I got an email from someone who is a "rock star" in our field. I was all a-twitter. He was asking me to do something on one of his projects. After I fainted, I consulted with my awesome current supervisor. The reason the rock star emailed me was because of former supervisor. Former Supervisor (FS) was very well-known in the field. I know the rock star would have never found me if it hadn't been for FS. It's flattering to get the email, and now I have an opportunity to interact with rock star and do good work and who knows...Hopefully good for the career!

4. I finished one project for work. Woo! It was a project that had no budget, and I finished it "under budget." I wish I would have charge 1 or 2 more hours to it, because I did work that many more, but I thought we had no more money--It turns out there was about 2 more days of money on it---ARGH! Oh well, the project lead is happy with me and he sent me a nice email. 1 or 2 hours more is not that big of a deal.

5. I have started Holiday Cards. I have a lot to do. I plan to get them all done before New Years. Someone in the blogosphere has a Christmas Card "scoring system" and points are deducted if yours arrive after Christmas. Whatevs. I'm lucky to get them sent.

6. Should go make dinner now... Spicy Peanut Sauce.... Yum!

No comments: