Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bah

As in Humbug.

I went shopping this afternoon.... I've done my Christmas shopping and most of it was done online, but I needed to go find shoes to go with a dress and I figured it would be easy. I wanted navy, silver, or gold pumps. That should be easy, right? NO...I FOUND ZERO. So then, I decided, maybe I should just get a new black dress and wear shoes I already own.

Ugh.

I felt very dissatisfied with my body after being in the dressing room and trying on the dresses. Dressing room lights are awful, we all know that, but really, those lights couldn't have made me feel less attractive. I would think that having better lights in the dressing room might make people feel better about themselves and buy MORE. How's that for a crazy idea? Hey stores, re-do your dressing rooms! Put in flattering lighting! As it was, I just wanted to curl up in the fetal position.

So, after 3 hours at a mall, I left with only a new pair of workout pants. I wasn't going to let the ENTIRE day be a waste. They were on sale! But, I have nothing to wear on Sunday. That is a problem. We may have to hit a different mall tomorrow. (Double ugh.)

The really annoying thing is that I SHOULD have just ordered shoes from Zappos last week... Why did I not think of that? Now, since I need the shoes by Sunday, I can't get them from Zappos. I waited too late. Unless Zappos has a way to do Saturday deliveries. I should call them. Hrm. They don't. Hey Zappos...You should think about Saturday deliveries.

No comments: